You need to use your membership like you use your gym membership! Be involved, bring your effort and your expertise to the chamber members and their staff, the communities that are served and to the consumers that purchase everyone’s products and services. Active participants are active receivers.
What value do I get from becoming a chamber member?
- Projects a strong, positive presence in the community
- Communicates to consumers that your company uses good business practices
- Provides referrals and networking opportunities
- Enhances credibility of small business and enhances image of large companies
- Offers opportunities to provide input for business advocacy on local, state and national levels
- Provides member-to-member benefits and discounts
- Offers assistance for your business consulting, operations and resource referrals
- Develops strong relationship building with community, school and government
- Develops a Community Centralized Foundation of Business Regional Resources and Partnerships
- Sponsoring events shows your community that you are a good contributing business partner
- Provides business educational offerings to assist in enhancing/improving business skills/staff
The chamber’s service area is the South Hills covering over 21 communities. We do business, promote our businesses and events in the following papers: Union Finley Messenger, The Almanac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, South Pittsburgh Record, Pittsburgh Business Times, City Paper, Neighborhood Gazette and the Daily News.
We also have opportunities to provide our members with business advertising at reduced rates. Marketing our member businesses is one of our major goals. Comcast Cable and Internet marketing services also offer opportunities at reduced prices to our members.
Becoming a member of the South Hills Chamber of Commerce provides you with a variety of benefits called the “Members ExtraValue Pak”.
- Networking Opportunities
- “After Hours” networking
- Monthly Luncheons
- Special Events
- Special Events
- Jimmy Buffet Luau
- Rib Cook Out
- Halloween Haunt
- Staff Appreciation Day Luncheon
- Holiday Luncheon
- Business Promotions
- Business to Business Discounts
- Advertising Opportunities (Print, Web, Exhibits)
- Newsletter Ads
- Special Business to Business Promotions
- Discounted credit card processing rates
- Introductory printing discounts
- Major newspaper advertising at reduced rates
- ChamberChoice – Health insurance, life, disability, etc.
- ChamberChoice Energy Program managed by OnDemand Energy for electricity savings on your business and your home
- Penn National insurance dividend opportunities
- Constant Contact (email/social media at minimal cost and 25% discounted rate)
- Shred It availability at minimal rates
- New Marketing Opportunity to Pittsburgh (Free local advertising web page – you control your advertising cost, time and offers)
- Local Search Magnet local web marketing (page free with enhancement opportunities)
- Restaurant dining cards (dining savings of $500 throughout area)
- Advocacy to government agencies on behalf of business
- Chamber government affairs committee
- Relationship with Allegheny Intermediate Unit / SHASDA
- Liaison with government officials – local, state and federal
- Member of the Allegheny Conference (regional representation)
- Relationship with SBA, SBDC